Sunday, May 4, 2008

Recap

My apologies for my awful lack of posts over the last month. Ever since I killed my keyboard I’ve been doing most of my computer stuff in the library, and I always feel guilty when I’m not doing school work. However, I’ve decided that I’m going to suck it up and write something lengthy on my malfunctioning keyboard (be proud).


The last few weeks have been a whirlwind – everything I do is bittersweet: last undergrad classes ever, last Wonderful Wednesday, last chapter, last No Strings Attached concert, last trips to various venues in Atlanta (well, at least for the time being)…and every time I see people I have to remind myself that it might be the last time we’ll see each other ever. How depressing.


You know those people that might not necessarily be your close friends, but you have friend crushes on? I might miss those people the most because I know from experience that the people I’m the closest to will always be a part of my life in one way or another. But that cute guy I flirt with a few times a week, or that really sweet girl who randomly does nice things for people, or even that faculty/staff member who lets me loiter in their office whenever I want …they’re all lovely, but I will probably never see them again. Jean, obviously this doesn’t include you :oP


On the upside, I am SO EXCITED about Nicaragua…when you’re trolling my blog months from now and I’m disillusioned and whiney about things, please remind me of my initial excitement. You see, every time I get an email from the current PDs or from the people in my team, I get all flushed and happy. I don’t have any disillusions about changing the world or saving lives, but I can’t wait to go back and have Nicaragua change me all over again. It’s a selfish venture, really. And the more I talk to people, the more I realize how much help is still needed within our own borders. After working with the people at Caminar Latino this year, I’m hoping to work more closely with the immigrant community in the States when I get back.


Lots of other stuff going on, but I’ll save that for another day.


Almost needless to say, I haven’t been exercising or eating very healthily because of all the craziness happening. When I’m having fun I tend to not be healthy…whoops.

No comments: