Monday, June 30, 2008

Cuenta Regresiva!

Or countdown, for my English-speaking readers. 11 days until I arrive in Augusto Sandino Airport in smelly, dirty, hot and beautiful Managua. I absolutely cannot wait, although not having my SIT crew to lean on is going to be jarring and draining at first (with whom will I esnuglear and yell obscenities?). Buuut the Manna crew looks more and more awesome each day and I'm excited for the year ahead. We're going to do amazing things, I just know it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

I'll never love perfectly, but every year I love you better than I did the year before.

No comments: