Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sometimes I run, sometimes I hide

And yes, the title really is from that Britney song back in the day. Only this time it means that my days have descended into eating the many awful but delicious baked goods and chocolates that have accumulated in our apartment instead of keeping up the exercise and eating regime I wanted to. Also, not writing down what I ate every day didn't keep me accountable and getting caught up in a bunch of random extra-curriculars didn't help either. Now that things have died down a bit, hopefully exercising and eating will get back on track and a couple pounds will drop off before the school year (and college!) end forever...especially, you know, the ones that creeped back this past week and a half. The real trick will now be to figure out how to stay on track in spite of distractions and stress, because that's going to happen at least once a month from here on out.

Current goals (tracked on mapmyrun.com):
100 miles from March 14 to April 14: currently at 15/100.
This Saturday I'm running/walking the half marathon, which brings me to about 28.2 miles. If I run about 4 miles a day the rest of the time, that comes out to 92.2 miles total (64+28.2)...only 8.8 miles short of the goal. We could still make the 100!
10 lbs lost by April 26: currently at 0/10.
Originally it was 10 lbs lost by April 14, but 10 lbs in 2.5 weeks is silly because it will probably all just come back immediately. I had actually lost a couple over Spring Break, but the past 2 weeks have not been good to me. 5 lbs by my birthday would be nice though, or maybe even 5 lbs by formal (April 11). My weight is reaching a very unhealthy level, and thanks to gaining tons of self esteem in Nicaragua - no joke! - my main motivation to lose weight is for health reasons, not aesthetic ones.

New goal:
Pray and reflect for at least 20 minutes every day
Had lunch with Paola today, which was fun, thought-provoking, inspiring and humbling. As Celine said at WW today, "don't you just wanna sit next to her so you can soak up her awesomeness?" Or something to that effect. Friends like her make me strive to be a better person, and it always floors me whenever she says that I make her happy or am beautiful because to me she's already so...well...awesome. And it's mind boggling to know that God loves us all the same anyway. Today she told me, "It's great that you're honest about how much you've sinned and the mistakes you've made, but you have to realize that Jesus would have loved you just the same whether you were perfect or sinned a lot more." UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

Random note: my deepest, most heartfelt cries to Jesus are now in Spanish. Does that say something? Father Tim used to pray in Portuguese and didn't know what he was saying...hehe...

Exercise: none, went running on Monday though with Brittany
Food: english muffin + peanut butter, Doc Cheys, freshens fro yo, half a banana-nut muffin (small, from the apt), spinach salad+chicken, 1 curry chicken breast and 1/4 rice, some homemade fried rice, 1 tagalong, and chocolate here and there. Waaaaaaay too much junk food. Too much. Ugh.

Confession: if another overweight friend of mine loses a significant amount of weight before I do I will actually cry.

On a happier note, I'm back to the old procrastination ways just in time for the big research papers and assignments. For some reason this makes me happy. I like doing school work under pressure; it's how I've operated since 10th grade!

And finally: GOT A DOOLEY'S WEEK SHIRT! YAY!

No comments: