Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring Break MoCo Style

So the 9.5 hour car ride became a 12 hour adventure due to an accident on 85N, but the company was good and our road trip music was excellent so the trip was actually much more enjoyable than it could have been otherwise. With all said and done, Matt and I got home around midnight on Friday night.

Break has been pretty tranquilo/chill right now, and I've been having a lot of fun spending time doing "home-y" things, like hanging out in Bethesda, Rio, and the ROC. Also going outlet shopping in Potomac Mills, which is really in VA, but still a home-y activity nonetheless. More importantly, it's been wonderful seeing certain people again, especially my family and the bestests.

Today, for instance, I spent most of the day with Nick running errands in Rockville and at Montgomery Mall (and running! woo!). Then this evening, I went with Stephen to a pub in Bethesda for trivia night with his brother, brother's girlfriend, and their friends. Random fun coincidence: one of the friends is Nicaraguan and is from the Altamira area! Que casualidad :-) Anyway, I love spending time with Steve and his family because it always reminds me that when all is said and done, MoCo is where I want to be. Atlanta has been fun, Nicaragua will be the adventure of a lifetime, but I want to grow old in Montgomery County.

I know it's not perfect and it won't be easy affording the cost of living. I might not even live here initially when I first start a family and we get on our feet. Buuuut, with a lot of hard work and a boost from the Big Man Upstairs, I hope to be sending my kids to school at RM or one of the Ws and meeting Jess, Stephen, and Morgan (who knows where Lori will be) for coffee at least once a week. Jess and Mo will probably be on competing schools' PTSA Boards. Stephen will probably be heading a Boy Scout troupe. I'll probably be a career mom like my own and complacently do the random parent things you have to do but never really get involved in drama. Yea, that would be wonderful. I'm kind of getting choked up just picturing the situation. God, I love home so much...but I know that Nicaragua is still the best thing for me right now. Marrying a Nicaraguan could severely narrow the chances of having this MoCo fantasy come true, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it...I mean heck, one of the women at trivia today was from Altamira!

Food for today: ugh, bad. but delicious, and of course all of it was eaten because I was with friends. This is still a weakness I need to work on.
Exercise: 2.8 miles outside today with Nick. Not fantastic, but it's something.

That's all for tonight.

No comments: